Un vented tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've had a plumber (so called G3 registered) come to service my invented tank, cost me £80.00
I
The problem I had was, every time I turn the hot water tap on, I get a noise from the tank area. The guy came and all he did was check the expansion tank to make sure it was 3 bar, which I'd already done. I asked him if the water pressure valve should be checked, he said that it never needed checking.
Well I've still got the noise, and cant contact the plumber.
I'm not a plumber, but after seeing various YouTube videos I'm thinking of opening the valve myself.
Question I need to know, this water pressure valve is sited half way down the height of the tank, if I turn the cold water feed off do I need to drain the tank down to the level of the valve. Then remove the plastic cap and pull out the diaphragm and inspect the mesh filter.
I'm just concerned what happens when I try to pull the diaphragm out will water gush out if I dont drain the tank
Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back