Unable to connect tv to soundbar via HDMI ARC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

I've just bought a Sharp HT-SB140 soundbar to connect to my JVC LT-43C790(B) TV. My previous soundbar was connected to the TV via the headphone socket, but a fault developed which caused the TV to turn off and reset, hence buying the new soundbar. I'm pretty sure that the soundbar was the issue because when it was disconnected from the TV the problem didn't reoccur.

The issue I have now is that despite connecting an HDMI cable from the soundbar to the HDMI-2 ARC socket on the TV, nowt is happening. I've followed the instructions in the TV manual for connecting via HMDI ARC, scrolling through the on screen TV menu via Home/ Settings/ System/More/Speaker/ Amplifier option on the TV menu in order to activate the soundbar. Trouble is, I get as far as More, but there doesn't appear to be a Speaker/ Amplifier option beyond that. Is there another way to make this happen?

Sponsored Links
You haven't pressed the mute button on the remote by any chance?

You haven't pressed the mute button on the remote by any chance?

Nothing as simple as that, no.

But I've sorted it: by changing the "sound output" source to HDMI/ARC in the sound settings. As far as I can tell, nowhere in the TV instruction manual does it tell you to do that when connecting a soundbar to HDMI/ ARC.

Sponsored Links
Nothing as simple as that, no.

But I've sorted it: by changing the "sound output" source to HDMI/ARC in the sound settings. As far as I can tell, nowhere in the TV instruction manual does it tell you to do that when connecting a soundbar to HDMI/ ARC.
That would have been my next suggestion. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back