unable to delete browser history

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ruinning XP IE8 and unable to delete browser history

I go through normal thing tools-internet options-delete broswing history, says it is deleting them but they still appear in my history

I have also set my days before deleting history to zero but it still doesn't delete

Sponsored Links
I don't know how it's not deleting your history when you follow the internet options, but if you want to keep your browsing secret, you could try opening a new " in private" tab.
Or in Google Chrome browser open a new "incognito window"

When you click internet options then delete history, have a look at the page that opens up ( allows you to keep cookies/ passwords/ temporary web pages etc. and make sure it's set to delete everything.
You can always try ticking the box that says, Delete internet history on exit too. That might work.

I don't know how it's not deleting your history when you follow the internet options, but if you want to keep your browsing secret, you could try opening a new " in private" tab.
Or in Google Chrome browser open a new "incognito window"

When you click internet options then delete history, have a look at the page that opens up ( allows you to keep cookies/ passwords/ temporary web pages etc. and make sure it's set to delete everything.
You can always try ticking the box that says, Delete internet history on exit too. That might work.

Thanks for this JJ tried these as well sorry forgot to mention, I ticked the delete on exit and rebooted twice.

As regards the 'private tab' going to try that but it will only keep private what I look at in the future

Just a though, Can you delete them manually? Select history and right click each one and select delete. Once you have deleted the entry site I think it deletes all pages visited at that site IE "pages visited at www.diynot.com. So if you deleted diynot.com from your history it would delete the record of pages visited here.

Just another though,,, your not opening up your favourites list by mistake are you? instead of history??

Sponsored Links
Just a though, Can you delete them manually? Select history and right click each one and select delete. Once you have deleted the entry site I think it deletes all pages visited at that site IE "pages visited at www.diynot.com. So if you deleted diynot.com from your history it would delete the record of pages visited here.

Just another though,,, your not opening up your favourites list by mistake are you? instead of history??

Tried all that as well JJ

if I right click it opens the web page (don't have left hand mouse)
cleared favourites to see if that helped so don't have any now

Simplest way is as said above, click on favourites button, then tab to history.. list by date.. then use the up/down arrows on keyboard to highlight a week or month.. and press the delete button on keyboard..

Thus avoiding all mouse stuffs..

Downer, can you delete it it maunually from windows (not internet)explorer?

Sponsored Links
Back