Unable to Delete Programs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been trying to delete some usless programs from my PC which I have always been able to do but for some reason, now I got the following message every time I try to delete one (using the add/delete program):
"The windows Installer Service could not be accesed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows installer is not correctly instaled. Contact your support personnel for assistance"
Any ideas on what is going on?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
if that doesn't work, there is a program called your unistaller which works well.
Trial version is limited to 2 removals per session, so you have to close the program and open it up again, which is a bit of a faff but free

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your quick answer but I have tried the three ways you guys describe it and nothing, I am still getting the same msg about the "safe mode". Is there something else I can try?

Hi, I managed to set up the "uninstall" program recomended by Disinfo and now I am able to uninstall any program :p which has helped me to gain quite a bit of extra memory, however I am not able to download programs for some reason. I went to the link suggested by Trazor and the solution looks rather complicated and they scare you telling you what is going ot happen to your computer if you dont do it right. Do I have an easier alternative? :eek:

Another uninstaller to use is REVO it is free only works on XP and Vista though !

Don't be put off by Trazor's link mate, its fairly easy to be honest. you can easily backup your registry first (all info is in the link)

DS,
Follow this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

Scroll down to Method 2

When using the instructions it is best to copy and paste each of the quotes in bold type so as to ensure that you leave a space where it should be and to eliminate any typing errors.

Where it recommends going to the clickable link 893803 for Installer v 3, ignore that and get the latest version v 4.5 from this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
Then follow the last of the instructions in the previous page

dave

Sponsored Links
Back