Deleting prey tracker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed prey tracker after I saw a post by someone on here , but I really didnt need it and when I tried to delete it the file wont delete and says it is open in another program, does anyone have an idea as to how to delete this off my pc?
TIA

Sponsored Links
One programme that might help is revo uninstaller,this was recommended by DaveM who sadly is no longer with us.Its mentioned in the sticky,now that what I call software.

Try restarting in Safe Mode and uninstalling. If that fails, then this program may be running as a Windows Service, which will need to stopped manually. If it cannot be stopped manually then either manual uninstalling by editing the registry and then manually deleting files or using a proprietary uninstaller will be required. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, be very wary of editing the registry! Errors here can mean a complete reinstall of Windows!

One programme that might help is revo uninstaller,this was recommended by DaveM who sadly is no longer with us.Its mentioned in the sticky,now that what I call software.

What happened to Dave M ???(can't even find posts by searching for author )

Sponsored Links
Astra99 gets first prize,, i got rid of it by deleting it in safe mode.
Thanks to all of you again.

I would be concerned over the term "delete" rather than "uninstall" ???

Surely the uninstaller will remove it all, by "deleting" it you will keep all the other files and registry entries.

I initiy put the fileinto a folder on desktop then i deleted everything from it , the problem i had was i couldnt delete the emty folder , itsaid cannot delete or summat cos something was open in another program :confused:

So it was not "installed" then?

Or did you install it to your desktop? (IMO a daft place to put something that needs to be hidden).
The reason I say this is that if you have installed a program then just got and delete the files not all parts of it get removed and it can leave the PC in abit of a mess after this has been done on several installations, stuff will still be run at startup - things in the background that add to the slowing down of the PC etc.

If a program is "installed" then it should only be "un installed" through its installer or the control panel and not just deleted.

Point taken , so in future if i wsnt to remove a progrm the i uninsal and not just delete. :oops:
Thanks for your help

If a program is "installed" then it should only be "un installed" through its installer or the control panel and not just deleted.

But some stuff still gets left behind with the programme uninstall.

You try to uninstall a piece of spyware or similar! The only way is to attack it with a metaphorical sledge hammer - i.e. delete the files and manually clean up the registry when in safe mode! Some of the replies to this thread indicate that irrespective, the procedure must be followed, even if it may not work!

Sponsored Links
Back