Microsoft Account

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys!

For reasons unknown to man nor beast, I decided to "refresh" my Win 10 PC.

Needless to say, it was a bad idea. I didn't realise stuff would be deleted and did not back-up this stuff.

I am now trying to set up "mail".

I used my regular email account but apparently it has been given the status of Microsoft account plus, it does not seem to be set up properly.

So I went into the system, set up my gmail address as the primary and deleted the old email address.

After 48 hours the change took place and I can now log into my PC with the gmail address.

The gmail addy is the only one on the system and it is set as the primary one.

Now I would like to delete the existing set-up from "Mail" and install another email address under advanced settings, but it is refusing to show a delete button.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Can you go into "Details" of the email address, and then "Remove"?
So it's "Options", "Your Email Accounts", "Details", "Remove".

Thanks, Himaginn.

Been to Outlook and looked but the only address in the system is the gmail one.

It's the Mail app on the PC that has the other email address set up in it. It would appear that because the (unwanted) email account was used to set up the mail app, it recognises it as the primary account and does not want to allow changes (even though I have removed that address and it is no longer in the system).

How can I purge the Mail app in Win 10?

At the bottom left, I have a "settings" icon. That takes me into an option for "Manage Accounts", then I click on "Outlook", then into "Change Account Settings". That'll bring up a new page, you may have to sign in. Which will have a "Your Info'" option, then "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft". You can then remove, or make primary any addresses.

My Outlook has more addresses in than that shown by the Microsoft mail account. I assume because I was using Outlook before Win 10, it imported those addresses from the old Outlook.
Whereas the addresses in Microsoft Mail are only the ones used for the upgrade or added since.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks fellas.

Him, I have tried that but to no avail. I have changed the Microsoft account email address to another one, made it the primary address and deleted the email address that used to be the primary MS one.

But it still shows up in Mail, with no option to delete!!

Frustrated now...:evil:

Well, that is very strange.

After not being able to delete that email address, I looked at it again earlier. I was still unable to delete it.

When I looked again just now, I had the delete option.....

Work that out.......:unsure:

And I put my domain-based email address (with unique incoming and outgoing servers) and password into the Mail set-up system and in flowed my email.....

Work that out 2......:unsure:

Back