GMail Account

that was a spam forum post - watch if people with only a few messages on their profile, that post had 1 - look under the name on left , you will see how many messages they have posted here , and thanks etc , if they are recommending a payfor product - it can quite often be spam on the forum in these sort of cases , been deleted now , i was about to report to mods
(I moderate a few forums, and it happens all the time, so you get used to seeing the type of forum post)

Sponsored Links
When I used to be inundated with spam, via Talktalk, I used a utility called Mailwasher and I found it quite good if you subscribed and subscribed to their server. Subscribing to their server meant it would do a lot of the work for you - those using it could quickly flag up the spam senders, which would then be added to your filters and the spam would be bounced back to the origin. If you spotted any which leaked through the filters, or new ones, you could manually reject them and add them to the server.

Thanks ETAF, I was a bit suspicious when I checked out the Spam Experts web site and seeing that it was a pay for application. Never suspected that it was Spam itself though.
Thanks so much for you input.

Hi StephenStephen,
By Scan your emails I assume you mean visually scan them. I get that many, I would probably miss any imprtant mails in the long list.
I do not have a Spam Folder, all I have is Jumk and Trash folders, are these the same thing.
I reckon after getting some very useful replies, the thing to do is let the filth sit in my trash folders and lett gmailidentify the problem mails.
If you let them sit in your trash or junk folder then gmail will only learn that these are emails that you've read and decided not to keep, it won't learn that they are spam.

You DO have a spam folder,

-Go to: https://www.google.com/gmail/
-Look in your inbox
-tick (in the little square box) next to all the spam emails
- click on 'mark as spam' (little exclamation mark in the menu bar at the top)

Do this once a week (more often if you like), and gmail will learn

Job done

Sponsored Links
Hi StephenStephen, My Gmail does not have the facility to which you refer. If I go to 'Inbox' and select message. the message is displayed but no references to 'Spam' appears anywhere. There is an option to 'Mark' with either 'As UnRead' or 'As Junk Mail'. I can't anywhere find any references specifically to 'Spam'.
What I have had to do is select a mail Preferences>Junk mail>Advanced, then set options to send such identified messages to 'Junk'. what this achieves is my Junk folder filling up with the filth to which I refer. What I have done is when these messages get to over 1000, I delete them, I am advised not to delete them and allow Gmail to identify them and Gmail will delete them after 30 days.
Throughout my search around Gmail trying to address this issue, I have never seen any references specifically to 'Spam', only 'Junk' or 'Trash'.

I have to say that every time I see you use the word "filth" you remind me of

R76da29b9e237676d1b4b46b852578c17

Hi Capatain Nemesis - Mary Whitehouse, whatever anyones opinion of her may be, Was a Pillar of Decency which this present day world is very very short of .

Hi StephenStephen, My Gmail does not have the facility to which you refer. If I go to 'Inbox' and select message. the message is displayed but no references to 'Spam' appears anywhere. There is an option to 'Mark' with either 'As UnRead' or 'As Junk Mail'. I can't anywhere find any references specifically to 'Spam'.
What I have had to do is select a mail Preferences>Junk mail>Advanced, then set options to send such identified messages to 'Junk'. what this achieves is my Junk folder filling up with the filth to which I refer. What I have done is when these messages get to over 1000, I delete them, I am advised not to delete them and allow Gmail to identify them and Gmail will delete them after 30 days.
Throughout my search around Gmail trying to address this issue, I have never seen any references specifically to 'Spam', only 'Junk' or 'Trash'.

So:

- Did you go to the gmail web address I posted and log in there?

-Look up 'email client' which I think is what you are using to try to solve the problem, which won't work
-Look up 'webmail', which is what you do need to use to solve your problem

-Forget 'junk' - delete it from your mind, replace it with 'spam'

So:

- Did you go to the gmail web address I posted and log in there?

Logged infusing that address directly to Gmail.
I found a Spam Folder there and all of the offensive mails I am getting were in that box, so left them there and hopefully Gmail will recognise them and block them accordingly.
Oddly though, if I go to Gmail from my iMac/Apple mail icon, there is no reference at all to Spam messages, would it be that Junk and Trash are a sub set of Spam??

Are the unwanted emails from literally 200 different sources every day?

My primary email account was pwned on several occasions.

I host my own email on my reseller account. Fortunately I have Spam Assassin on my Cpanel account. I was probably at about 50 spam emails a day. The originating IP addresses were different.

For anyone interested- often your email address is harvested from database breaches on sites that you use. the following will show you if your email address has been "seen"

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Sponsored Links
Back