GMX email

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Years ago, I set up a GMX email account. Didn't use it much, then I discovered I was locked out of it.

Last night, I discovered the address I'd used was available, so they must have deactivated it. So I set it up again, then sent an email to it from my Gmail address to test it.

It didn't come through. So I then sent an email to the GMX address from my domain-based email address. This did get through.

Why would an email from a Gmail address fail to be delivered?

It was sent, as it is the sent folder.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea why it happens but I have similar problems with hotmail and gmail. British gas cannot send my online bills to my hotmail address but they are able to send me notifications to send my meter readings to that address. Amazon cannot send me notifications of purcases I have made but they can send me notifications that my parcel has been delivered. It's all to weird and probably due to brexit.

There are multiple validation mechanisms when both sending and receiving email. All are optional, and if using free services you have no way of knowing which ones are being used. Most large providers have their own internal filters as well, and you won't know anything about those either.

All of them have reporting available, but only to those who have control over it.

If you want decent reliable email, then either set it up yourself, or pay a provider to do so.
Or put up with the free unreliable advert laden mess with zero help when things don't work as expected.

Years ago I used to have an ecommerce web site. Customers with AOL email accounts would not receive the emails generated by our site at the point of purchase.

This was a few years ago. From memory, it was down to rDNS records. My memory is slightly foggy- long time ago, but I had to add extra entries to my domain registration.

In your case, you cannot alter the records for your google account- I would recommend that you send an email from your GMX account to your gmail account. That should create a degree of trust.

Try it and let us know how you get on.

A site that has previously helped me is MXtoolbox.com - MX being "mail transfer"

Sponsored Links
If you want decent reliable email, then either set it up yourself, or pay a provider to do so.
Or put up with the free unreliable advert laden mess with zero help when things don't work as expected.
Just asking if anyone knew a fix. I see your fix is not to use it.

I would recommend that you send an email from your GMX account to your gmail account. That should create a degree of trust.

Try it and let us know how you get on.

A site that has previously helped me is MXtoolbox.com - MX being "mail transfer"
Thanks, I'll send a couple over the next day or two and see if that changed anything.

Last night, I discovered the address I'd used was available, so they must have deactivated it. So I set it up again, then sent an email to it from my Gmail address to test it.

It didn't come through.
Did it go in your spam or junk mail folder?

Not that I could see.

Edit:

There was nothing last time I checked, but I have just looked now and the emails are in Spam.

Sponsored Links
Back