virus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a simple question, but one I do not know the answer to. If when downloading files or programmes from the internet, antivirus prog on the pc detects & removes a virus, does that mean it is safe to open the file or run the program in question or would you delete them unless they were absolutely essential? Thanks PS I use avg 8 free edition

Sponsored Links
I would be worried about any site that allows downloads to have any sort of virus attached, personnally I would delete any file that shows problems and search for the same file from a different source. You only have to pick up the wrong type of virus and execute it, then hey ho you have got big problems. If you are down loading drivers and such, try and get them from official sources, if you are downloading anything else "BEWARE". Just as a matter of course, for every file that you download, run a virus check on it before you attempt to open it but this may not always be full-proof, your anti-virus protection may not be up to date or able to see them.

The free version of AVG is a bit twitchy tho, it can detect viruses when the files are passed OK by the likes of McAfee etc.

Sponsored Links
Back