Unblocking drain in front of garage...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

currently my garage is flooding. I wouldn't say badly as there is a channel drain running the full width of it in front of the garage door.

However this drain is full of mud as the previous owner did not seem to maintain the property to a standard I would have liked.

I have cleared out this drain however the issue is that whilst the channel drain itself can be cleared the "corrugated tube" attached to the drain is blocked with mud and I also have no idea where this "corrugated tube" goes.

I would like to unblock this "corrugated tube" so any water can drain away freely.

I have heard you can get an attachment for pressure washers which would allow me to unblock this drain - ideally something with a forward jet of water and backward jets to clear the debris which is loosened.

The "tube" appears to go under monobloc and I would assume run in parallel with the garage toward the back garden. As I said I would love to know where it goes.

I look forward to any suggestions you may have with regards to getting this drain fully functioning again.

Regards, Gordon

Sponsored Links
The chances are it goes to a home made soakaway, if you have no drain over there but Karcher pressure washers in particular have a range of attachments that could help you. However, if the soakaway isn't working as it should, the water will stay lie in the pipe.
John :)

I'd go for the drain rods first, and try to get out as much of the rubbish in there as possible. Then try washing it through. There's a huge difference between a commercial drain jetting setup and a "home" type pressure washer. It might help break up anything down there though.

Sponsored Links
I dont think the Karcher attachment will work with the amount of mud that seems to be in this drain.

The drain rods might be a good shout to break up whats in the pipe IMG_6324.JPG in the first place.

I have been thinking about this...

http://www.martinplanthire.co.uk/product/electric-drain-cleaner

See attached images. IMG_6326 is the corner where is it is blocked.

Attachments

• IMG_6325.JPG
    IMG_6325.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_6326.JPG
    IMG_6326.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 320

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back