unblocking toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem where the toilet is not completely blocked but it seeps back, so after you flush the toilet the water slowly seeps brown again. I have tried using a mop with a plastic bags wrapped around it and using that as a plunger. I have also tried using caustic soda pouring that in the toilet leaving it for while before pouring hot water, but that also didn't work.
I got a drain unblocker from toolstation (11325), one of those flexible rod things that didn't work either.What else can i try to get rid of this irritating problem thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
Is this an upstairs or downstairs toilet? does it go straight to the outside soil stack (waste pipe)? Do you have anything else going into that pipe like a sink or bath or shower etc..? Does the toilet flush ok and doesn't fill up the bowl before slowly going back down to the usual waterline? Has this always been the case or is this a recent problem?

If its blocked somewhere inaccessible to you then you might need someone in to rod it. But you could keep trying some hot water/flushing it a few times (constant pressure might dislodge the blockage), and even putting washing up liquid in the bowl to try lube the pipes and dislodge any blockage.

Thanks, i am on the 1st floor the water level rises when i flush the loo and slowly goes down. I have tried the shampoo and fairy liquid trick. I will give it ago a few more times with the mop as a plunger and using the flexible rod.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back