Blocked toilet

M

marsaday

I need to unblock a toilet tomorrow for my mum. Not done this before so bought a plunger today.

any tips on how to sort it out.

I will also take my rodding tool which has a type of hook on the end. Not sure if this will be flexible enough to sort the problem.

Will i need to take the toilet off the wall to actually unblock it or do you think i can do it with a plunger ?

Sponsored Links
Firstly get a large bucket, fill it with water and pour it down the pan with as much force as you can (keep it high) This can clear a hellovalot of blockages and you won't get dirty. If this doesn't work try taking the pan connector off the back of the pan, it could be something in there.

Get an old mop ,the traditional type not these new namby mamby mops

Plunge using this and flush he toilet a few times ,this works alot of the times

Find the Manhole outside as well and make sure its not blocked before you plunge the toilet,If it is blocked then obviously u will have to |Rod back from the Manhole

Sponsored Links
This is on the first floor and the house is on a hill so cant see any manhole as a terrace off street.

Thanks for tips i will give these a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back