Help with blocked toilet please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet has blocked several times in the last few weeks, and each time Ihave had to unblock it using a plunger. Is there a product that I could flush to help prevent this happening again?

Appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
My toilet has blocked several times in the last few weeks, and each time Ihave had to unblock it using a plunger. Is there a product that I could flush to help prevent this happening again?

Appreciate your help.

Check your outsides drain your toilet blocking could be a symptom of a blockage elsewhere

If this problem is reoccuring then you need to go outside and lift the man hole cover and rod back to the blockage and clear it properly

Dont bother using drain unblocker and other sulphuric based products and especially dont mix chemicals!

Im sure it is but I cannot access the drain from anywhere else, its very very old with no inspection points.

Sponsored Links
Your not looking hard enough mate,it may even be shared and in next doors garden,this was very common in the old days,now we have to put them everywhere

have look next door im sure you will find it if you look hard enough :p

there could be something stuck in the u bend of the bowl, any air freshners NOT hooked over the side of the bowl anymore??, if not an air freshner it could be a disposable razor or something, might be worth getting the bowl removed to have a nice look into the waste pipe

yea like kirk says t bend blockage. Specialy if the mrs uses moist towel to freshen up. They are a pain in the arse. Even been called out to one outside blockage need to dig up pipe thought it was blocked pair of old knickers. More recently i had one freeze on a 90 bend had a small leak that froze while running and froze up the pipe over time. Got a hair dryer and replaced bend. Seal had perished.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back