Under wall cupboard LED lighting the kitchen advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i'm pulling in cables in readiness to having a new kitchen installed and want to get it right.
Im having LED strip lights under the Cupboards and need to know or want the ask where the LED drivers should be put, some people say leave them on top of the units, No one will see them and some say screw to the bottom of the cupboard, no one will see them there either.
any advice please ?

Sponsored Links
My suggestion would be to have the power supply on top of the units. If the power units are plug in types then a 13 amp socket would be needed for them.

( One person on this forum will re-state his opinion that 13 amp sockets should not be supplied by a lighting circuit )

BACK TO THE SCRIPT
Like any other light in a domestic dwelling, just a switch, no fuse apart from the on in the CU, so the consences is to have the drivers on top of the units out of site?

Sponsored Links
BACK TO THE SCRIPT
Like any other light in a domestic dwelling, just a switch, no fuse apart from the on in the CU, so the consences is to have the drivers on top of the units out of site?
I have my driver's out of sight on top of the cabinet.
The drivers can get hot - heat rises; I like the idea that the drivers won't be cooking in their own heat, or heat and moisture from the hob and kettle trapped by the cabinet cornice! :)

...and as in another thread - I use these for easy isolation ;)
https://www.toolstation.com/greenbrook-lighting-connector/p79534

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back