Undercoat kitchen cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I recently posted about repainting a lot of kitchen cabinets with farrow and ball water based eggshell,which I'm now going to use,but I was wanting to know If I should undercoat them first they have been painted before about 10 years ago and if so do you think I should use the farrow and ball u/c or if I could use dulux acrylic primer/undercoat as it is a bit cheaper many thanks

Sponsored Links
I am not an expert in F and B paints but have heard that their paints work best as a system - ie use their undercoat.
From my experience of painting kitchen units I would also suggest giving a proper clean with Krud Kutter or meths and then priming with Zinsser coverstain - this may be overkill but will ensure that the job lasts.

Thats good advice. Would just add that there is some decent info on painting kitchen cabinets on the traditional painter website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back