underfloor cable trunking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to finalise the build on my TV/Hifi setup in my lounge and want to run cables in a trunking under the floorboards, has anyone seen or done this before?

I am running 5m of multiple eithernet, HDMI, phono and very stiff Naim Audio NACA5 speaker cable through the floor as part of the project.

One day we will wood floor the lounge (currently carpet which is very small child friendly) so was thinking this would be the best route and less chance of 'losing a connection'. Is there an issue with just running cables under the floor? Am I being silly? Do mice nibble yer cables? :))

cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Your using trunking because of the end terminations on the cables?
Try large conduit or some drainpipe, this will allow for pull thru in the future.

As the last post said, we've used 40mm Waste pipe before as containment where customers have requested it.... can remember using it for an AV install in HMS Raleigh's teaching kitchens purely as they steam cleaned the areas . . . . always thought it was stupid sealing the cables in then sticking a Monitor on the wall but hey ho.

Sponsored Links
okay so I have run 3x 40mm waste pipes to and from around my lounge for my hifi spkr cables, HDMI, net cables and a twin phono.

Now I am trying to get the cables through the runs. Hovering string through the tubes followed by nylon string, but bu##er me I am struggling...

The HDMI is a utter b###h to get through the tube, anyone got any tips?

Mark

okay so I have run 3x 40mm waste pipes to and from around my lounge for my hifi spkr cables, HDMI, net cables and a twin phono.

Now I am trying to get the cables through the runs. Hovering string through the tubes followed by nylon string, but bu##er me I am struggling...

The HDMI is a utter b###h to get through the tube, anyone got any tips?

Mark

Try a table tennis ball with cotton attached somehow, blow it through using a hair dryer!

Might work, lovin the tube idea though first av heard of it!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back