Underfloor CH-Manifolds and Blending valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can some kind soul give me (a link to) an intelligible :?: explanation of how UFCH controls etc work and what they comprise of in a multi-zone system?
Also, is it possible, wise and economic to assemble a simple but effective set of the controls etc from components. 'Workstation' a Screwfix competitor list assorted manifolds, isolating valves etc but no blending valve I can find.

Ta muchly. D

Sponsored Links
Hi Chrishutt. Yep, Toolstation is correct. I have Work on the brain. sorry 'bout that. :oops:

Thanks Kevplumb. So an actuator= a zone valve and the blending valve means I can walk across the floor without asbestos boots. :idea:

Any takers on whether I can simplify design and assemble from stock components. I am wary of proprietary products because of cost and future spares availability. :?:

DF

Sponsored Links
Yes you could build a system exactly as Nu Heat describe. But do you really want to build your own system and bury it under 2" of screed.

I have installed NU Heat underfoolr heating and was impreesed with ease of instalation and cost.

TBH you wont save much building one when you work into the cost the trouble you could create for yourself

Thanks Registered Gas Man.
I have left an access hatch where all the pipes and sleeves gather. This will finally be under the false floor of a drying cupboard.

I will find the smelling salts and price up the NU Heat system.

What about competitor systems? Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks DF

try underfloor direct they do the kee triple pipe much better warm up time compared to normal under floor heating and it comes in kit form.

Thanks Bripel,
pipe (Polypipe) is in screed already. Need manifolds etc.

Will try U/F direct, just found website from your tip.

DF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back