Underfloor heating and hot water return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Looking for some advice or more so to sense check our setup is correct.

Basically I’m worried that our underfloor heating return is pushing luke warm water into the primary coil return on my hot water tank. We’ve been having a bunch of issues with it cooling down way before it should. Some of this was linked to an upside down secondary return pump but it now has me double checking everything.

Forgive my crayon work.
The green is the return from my underfloor heating.
The blue is the return from my hot water tank
The red is the pressure release valve
The purple is the return to my heat pump through a volumiser

Does this seem right to folks?

IMG_8129.jpeg

Sponsored Links
The possibility (Edit Spell) of reverse circulation becomes an issue when the CH system/UFH is on the return after the HW cylinder, by design the HW cylinder's return should be the last on the return before the heat source.

Last edited:
The possibility or reverse circulation becomes an issue when the CH system/UFH is on the return after the HW cylinder, by design the HW cylinder's return should be the last on the return before the heat source.
Great. Thank you very much. In that case this is absolutely fine. Well, apart from the terrible lagging I’m in the process of redoing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back