Two CH loops - one working, one not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Keston 80 running two CH loops (rads on primary, underfloor on secondary) via two Grundfos pumps and two Honeywell zone valves. The primary pump is in sequence with the secondary one, and they are separated by the secondary zone valve so that unless the secondary zone valve is opened, the secondary pump stays switched off and the underfloor heating does not come on.

If I try to operate the underfloor loop, the zone valves appear to be functioning properly (secondary opens, primary closes), but though the boiler fires, the heatng doesnot come on. The pipework immediately after the secondary zone valve remains cold at the junction where the return pipe joins it - almost as though the pump is drawing cold water from the return pipe and not the hot water coming from the boiler. The boiler then intermittently cuts out and the pipework around feels extremely hot.

Any ideas? cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes, that crossed my mind. I have bled the pumps, but what else can I bleed on an underfloor system?? How do i get rid of the airlock?

Cheers

You could try shutting valves on your other circuit, so that water is forced to go through your underfloor heating.

Sponsored Links
No joy. I can hear air bubble type noises running through the pump, but can't get rid of it. Not even sure if this is the problem tbh. Is there an easy way to get all the air out of the system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back