underfloor heating and part p

Sponsored Links
OK, shall I come up and see you now?

Or have I done things in the wrong order? :oops:

he sounded genuine and I will check his registration. Claimed he's been a sparky for 14 years.

First sign of poor fitting and I'll show him the door.

£280 - say £50 for the box = £230 labour x 260 working days = possible income of around £60,000 per annum. Whats wrong with that?

£450 = £117,000 :eek:

re why the urgency - there is no RCD on the currect CU and with a 3 year old boy who loves screw drivers and the like worries me.

Sponsored Links
abz2002 said:
he sounded genuine and I will check his registration. Claimed he's been a sparky for 14 years.
Doesn't matter - lots of long-serving electricians haven't registered; many because they don't do domestic work without building control.

First sign of poor fitting and I'll show him the door.
That seems a funny way of going about things. Who recommended this person to you?

£280 - say £50 for the box = £230 labour x 260 working days = possible income of around £60,000 per annum. Whats wrong with that?
What's wrong is that you made several assumptions and errors - here are just a few of them:

Materials will cost more than £50.
There aren't 260 working days in a year.
Not every day is a full day of work.
You haven't accounted for sick days, training days, holidays, callbacks, and time lost when buying materials, when transport is serviced, etc..
You haven't accounted for the cost of Part P notification of the work.
You haven't accounted for the overheads of training fees, tooling, fuel/transport, waste transport license, registration with NICEIC (or whoever), and many more.

:rolleyes:

re why the urgency - there is no RCD on the currect CU and with a 3 year old boy who loves screw drivers and the like worries me.
Your attitude worries me.

Edit: corrected typo

I don't get out of bed for less than £500

Mind you, I do spend a lot of time
bed.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back