We have a new underfloor heating system laid in an extension. This requires flow and return water from the boiler.
The existing system boiler provides hot water (indirectly via a cylinder upstairs) and the existing radiator heating. There are 2x 2-port valves, I think this is a classic "S Plan".
We've arranged the UFH wiring via an Ambiente wiring centre to make an independent "call for heat" via its volt-free contacts. This goes to the upstairs wiring centre and is in tandem with the existing 2-port valves that call for heat via their limit switches.
Currently the new UFH been plumbed into the *radiator* flow and return. However I think this leads to a fault condition, where the UFH calls for heat, driving into a closed valve. The boiler registers insufficient flow and over-temp and shuts down.
I think the correct place to tee off the UFH is directly from the boiler flow and return, so that it can act as an independent third zone?
The existing system boiler provides hot water (indirectly via a cylinder upstairs) and the existing radiator heating. There are 2x 2-port valves, I think this is a classic "S Plan".
We've arranged the UFH wiring via an Ambiente wiring centre to make an independent "call for heat" via its volt-free contacts. This goes to the upstairs wiring centre and is in tandem with the existing 2-port valves that call for heat via their limit switches.
Currently the new UFH been plumbed into the *radiator* flow and return. However I think this leads to a fault condition, where the UFH calls for heat, driving into a closed valve. The boiler registers insufficient flow and over-temp and shuts down.
I think the correct place to tee off the UFH is directly from the boiler flow and return, so that it can act as an independent third zone?
