Polypipe ZRU installation issue

I forgot to look last night, but assuming I only have one valve in the airing cupboard, what does that mean?

Sponsored Links
I forgot to look last night, but assuming I only have one valve in the airing cupboard, what does that mean?
It may not be an S plan.

Does your Danfoss programmer allow you to have completely separate times for the heating and hot water, or do the times have to be the same?
Can you have the heating on without having the hot water on?

Check tonight and post your findings.

Yes, it's a separate times for heating and hot water. It's one of these:

danfoss-fp975.gif

Sponsored Links
Ok so my builder has fitted the valve but has given up on the wiring so I've sent him packing (I won't be using him again...and I am looking for a central heating electrician!)

Looking at the wiring on the valve and the s-plan-plus diagram is the following correct:

Grey - connect to Live
Brown - connect to switched live on thermostat
Blue - connect to Neutral
Green - connect to earth
Orange - connect to the same orange wire as the other 2 pumps (which should connect to live on boiler and pump)

And grey from the thermostat should also connect to live on the time controller

I think the trouble he had was finding the orange wire to connect to. The wiring centre is in my airing cupboard, which is where the other 2 valves are as well and he was trying to wire it all into the wires at the timer next to the boiler in my utility room which is also where the 3rd (new) valve is.

Looking again at the S Plan Plus diagram the orange wire should have a live connection directly to the boiler. Is this likely to go via the same set of wires as the wires going from the airing cupboard to the timer, or is it likely that a 2nd wire would have been run from the airing cupboard directly to the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back