Polypipe Underfloor Overlay Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My plumber recently installed the polypipe underfloor heating Overlay system in our kitchen which is up to 30m2.

http://www.polypipe.com/polypipe/site/overlay-home

I know that they didnt have to fit a thermostat, but it gets very hot and i was wondering how i can fit one now.

According to the instructions the ZRU unit has a connection for one. Is it as simple as just connecting the wires to a thermostat?

The way they have connected up the ZRU is to the electrics and they put a timer on this, so it would go on and off. But i'd rather have it attached to a thermostat.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Sponsored Links
sorry i am an idiot, so could you explain a little more. When you say wire in series? I think there is another connection on ZRU which i could connect it to. Is it really that simple?

Sponsored Links
the room gets hot. i just want to be able to shut down the underfloor heating when it gets to a certain temp..... that's all. It works well. It's just too efficient really!

Just remember that you need a setback room thermostat for this, time for a pro I think ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back