Polyplumb Under Floor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks

I'm looking at extending my kitchen and wanted to install under floor heating - I'm looking at the Polyplumb Underfloor Heating - Overlay Floor System. I have a radiator I can remove and it would be a perfect place for the zonal regulation unit (which I understand is the connection between the existing heating and the new).

Only problem is that as far as I can see the ZRU uses 15mm pipework and my rad pipework is 10mm. Does anyone know if reducers can be used on the ZRU? Will it work with this pipework?

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
is this unit meant to run off your existing central heating pipework ?

normally they require a seperate feed with zone valves...connected to the boiler....so it can fire up the floor heating first, as it takes around a hour extra to heat up....then the zone valves open and the rest of the heating warms up.

if its one of those small zone systems...they are meant to attach like an extra rad....they normlly need 15mm pipework...(but you will have that hour lag)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back