Underfloor heating - location of FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, I'm in the middle of chasing out holes making way for an underfloor heating thermostat. There really isn't room to have an FCU on the same part of the wall where the thermostat is going to go due to there being light switches next to it. My question is does the FCU have to be within a certain distance of the stat? Is putting it on the other side of the wall (within another room) at floor level acceptable?

Sponsored Links
why don't you put it directly below, and 450mm above finished floor level?

JohnD said:
why don't you put it directly below, and 450mm above finished floor level?

That's 1 option I hadn't really considered, thanks. Just to confirm though, is putting it in another room out of the question?

Sponsored Links
it's not impossible, but a much worse idea, as it will not be visible and obvious to anyone looking at the heating circuit and needing to turn it off, whether for maintenance (e.g. of the thermostat) or in an emergency (e.g. nail through floor touches live wire) or functionally (e.g. turning off the heating for summer).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back