Underfloor heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas guys, the pumps going round, the thermostats are calling for heat but the floor isnt heating up?

Attachments

• 20191024_174946.jpg
    20191024_174946.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 212
Sponsored Links
Is the boiler clicking in?
Is the manifold getting warm?
Is there a blending valve?
How long have you waited before determining it's not working?

Nozzle

Yep boiler is on, manifold is hot, floor not been getting hot for about a week but radiators have been working and hot water

Should the blender be all the way open?? I did notice a few days ago in the night I kept hearing the motorised valve operating often, I've just manually set to open to see If that cures it?

Sponsored Links
If boiler firing for all else except UFH and there's a demand, usual culprit is zone valve.

Manually overid the zone valve tho and still no joy? Pipes are hot through zone valve, through to pump amd manifold??

Attachments

• 15719414773488437132274469640582.jpg
    15719414773488437132274469640582.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 183
Don't muck about with the blender valve to the point it over heats your floor. I believe the absolute top limit is 55C (and your boiler will be outputting 70-80, hence need for the blend). Thing is, if your manifold is getting hot, there must be some flow through it (therefore the zone valve open) - perhaps only one of the loops though. Set all the thermostats to cold, let it all cool. Then set one on (and make sure none of the others do) to max for 30 mins and see if the manifold gets hot. Knock it off, let it cool, try again. By doing this, you'll find if at least one of the loops are working.

Does your manifold have any individual flow meters on the flow or return - and is the water black or clear?

Nozzle

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the polypipe UFH controller... Should all the LEDs be green, like the power one or should they be red (as they are) when correctly operating?

Have you tried the first rule of troubshooting... Power off/power on?

Also check the pins aren't stuck under the actuators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back