underfloor heating programmer prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just turning the under floor heating on this year the programmer TH132F keeps losing the date and time.

i program as normal and all seems to be working ok, but when i look back after a few hours its always back to a monday at midnight as if its switched off and back on again and loses the date and time

any ideas please

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that the controller is not getting switched off by someone else or is connected to another circuit that gets switched off occasionally ?

If not then I would say that the controller is furbared.

many thnaks for the reply, nobody else is switching this off. i even tried the manual option and this only stays on for a short period of time like 5 mins. had to google fubar as ive lead a sheltered life, best laugh of the day! thanks for that i needed something to cheer me up after the chelsea loss. i assume a staight replacement programmer is a diy activity?
many thanks

How old is the programmer, any warranty still on it?
It sounds a strange fault have you tried to contact the manufacturers tech department?
You say you have just turned it back on, so not been in use during the superb summer we have just had, does it need to be reset?

Sponsored Links
hi is used in a small downstairs toilet and the heating is not used in the summer, just get a bit parky in their in the winter so normally turn it on this time of the year. its about 4 years old, and only used 6 months of the year, this is the forth time ive done this and normally just re-set the day and time and off it trots. their is no mention of a reset option in the instructions and it has no battery according to them. the manufacture is the The Floor Warming Company but seems a generic programmer when googling TH132F their is a honeywell one that looks exactly the same.

i have reset the time and date about a dozen times today and all works normal for 5 mins, ive replaced the fuse from the seperate switch that was put in when fitting but this made no difference

It says "Clock protection 2 hours" I will guess this means there is a capacitor which stores enough power to maintain the clock for that time.

So I suspect this capacitor has blown which is causing the problem? Likely only cure is replace whole unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back