underfloor heating / shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I know this sort of thing is probably asked time and time again but cant seem to find anything which is of similar request as mine...

I am soon to be installing a small amount of electric underfloor heating, the area is 2 mtrs square... I have a spare cable in the bathroom ceiling which was taped up I have checked and it is live and I have traced it and it is connected to the sockets ring, my question is if I install something like this on the end: http://www.screwfix.com/prods/83049/Electrical/RCDs/Volex-13A-RCD-FCU

Can I then wire to the underfloor heating stat? (the underfloor heating cable states it is 1amp) as it says it requires a 30amp RCD and fused spur?

Also there is a shower pump which is currently plugged into the wall in a cupboard, could this also be run off the above?

thanks in advance, I appreciate any help!

daniel

Sponsored Links
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/83049/Electrical/RCDs/Volex-13A-RCD-FCU

Can I then wire to the underfloor heating stat? (the underfloor heating cable states it is 1amp) as it says it requires a 30amp RCD and fused spur?

Also there is a shower pump which is currently plugged into the wall in a cupboard, could this also be run off the above?

Depends on the size of the pump as to how much current it will need? But I would have thought so.

thanks i appreciate your response, I will have a look tonight it is only a single feed pump so would not have thought it would cause an issue... but will check the power requirements...

So to confirm the 13a RCD in the link will supply a max of 13a (doh!) only to the devices on it...?

Sponsored Links
I hope you realise this work is notifiable to your local authority before you start work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back