Underfloor heating to existing system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reading Boilerman2s comments on another thread

[If the UFH was simply added to an existing radiator system, then I am not surprised to hear of your problems UFH needs to be integrated properly usually needing it's own circuit and pump]

Prompts me to ask if it's possible to get it done successfully.
I was hoping to use
http://www.wundafloorheating.co.uk/content/14-underfloor-heating-solutions
to go over the existing solid floor and the new extension floor only 20 sqmtrs in all.
The boiler is 35kw and the guy from British gas told me that it would bo OK

Sponsored Links
I don't see anything wrong with those systems and they even look quite good ( but probably expensive ).

But you need to see if the heat output of UFH of 70-100 W/m2 is going to be sufficient.

I would never recommend a small area of UFH because of the problems it can create with the heat source.

That's bound to be bad when you have such a powerful boiler.

You will potentially have even worse problems than the other thread has described!

What BM2 was mostly referring to is the extra pump and blending valve and separate zone and timing controls which are required with UFH.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back