Underfloor heating ?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Searched but could not find the answer, so here goes

Underfloor heating retro fit
I have a large house with pre-stressed suspended concrete floors 150mm thick including screed and lovely marble tiles on the top side, now I was wondering if it's possible to fit a wet underfloor heating system from the underside which would be in the basement so easy to access, have enough headroom to insulate but wondering if heat up time would be silly.
House is occupied 24/7 so if it would work the system would be on all day througout the heating season.

I know it sounds crazy but life without rads would be really nice and would fit in with other plans for replacing 2 outside wals with triple glass

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Sponsored Links
Don't even think about it!
That's my advice.

Sponsored Links
Underfloor heating systems on solid floors tend to be insulated on the underside with approx 65mm screed covering them. I doubt the heat will ever get through the amount of concrete you've got.

OK guys take your point, looks like it's a non starter so back to the drawing board.
Thanks for your info. much appreciated.

You could try skirthing board radiator systems if you want to free up the walls. These were on dragon's den a couple of years ago and are available, but I don't know about the limitations in style and design.

I think Myson used to sell them about 30 years so I dont know why anyone would want to bring them to the Dragon's Den when they are already available should anyone want to buy them.

I think they are wonderful but they never seemed to catch on to a very great degree.

Tony

Already looked at these from Discreteheat, all very nice but seems to me that most of the heat would be taken by the wall to which they are attached, correct me if Im wrong!!!!

Discreteheat - A few people on this forum have used this stuff and found it a disaster. Poor fit and finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back