Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am in the middle of securing quotes for the installation of underfloor heating in a new extension, however I have had two different heating engineers round, who are saying different things, so naturally I thought of turning to the internet for a definitive answer!!

I have a boiler in utility.
I have a hot water cylinder in upstairs closet, the pump is also up here
The UFH is to be installed in the soon to be built kitchen/diner next to the utility room

Gent 1 - said that the connection for the manifold would be taken from the boiler
Gent 2 - said that the connection for the manifold would have to be taken from the upstairs closet

Surely they can't both be right? How am I as the consumer know who to go with? Any help from the internet would be appreciated.
thanks,

Sponsored Links
thanks Dan, would you need to know any other info that I have not covered to be sure of the answer?

Sponsored Links
I would say that either could be correct depending on how they were going to do it.

But 2 would usually be easier depending on the existing system layout.

Unless a significant area is involved I never think that UFH is worthwhile. Perhaps only for over 20 sq m.

The different heat up characteristics have to be understood and catered for by the controls.

Tony

Tony if the pump is in the closet, how will circulation take place if teed to flow and return at the boiler ( think vent connection at flows and feed/ expansion at return)

If living in a tent, UF is useless.

Most mixed systems use a separate pump and temperature blending valves for the UFH loops.

How else would you do it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back