Underfloor wine storage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We saw a pod for underfloor wine storage on 'Improve, don't move' but now can't track one down. It wasn't huge and it looked like the man knelt on the floor to lean in and choose a bottle! Does anyone know where we can get one, please? His had a glass lid which was set into the kitchen floor. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
sounds like a daft idea to me its likly to cost you several hundred pounds including structural alterations for a very inconvenient way to hurt yourself when you have had a few :D :D

there must be somwhere more sensible to put your wine stash ;)

Not my idea, but my good lady's......... ;)

Can't imagine why she would want one though?

But if she says - then I do it - you know how it is!

No, I know the thing you mean, its basically a pop up wine rack. What they do is dig a hole in your kitchen floor, and hey presto at the touch of a button a wine rack will magestically rise up. I'll see if I can find a link.

Sponsored Links
Saw the smae thing on the programme, although dont think it has any mechanism to pop it out of the floor - it looked as though it is a preformed unit that sits into the hole in the floor, with a glass lid at floor level

looked very nice, although doubt its cheap - have tried to find a link but with no luck - post any link if you find one, would be of interest to me

For the hole in the floor pop up jobby, you're looking at about 8 - 10k :eek: still can't find a link to exactly what I mean.

Thanks very much everyone, still can't understand why the good lady wants one though???? Let's think, assume £5,000 thats about 1,333 bottles - which would she prefer........ Thanks again :D

A cabinet to rise out of the floor to hold a dozen or so bottles of wine no problem, and operated via remount control not a problem. Let me have your email address and I will be happy to give you a quotation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back