Underground Pipes

pff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
i'm looking at putting a water supply into my greenhouse from my kitchen.
I was thinking it would be simple enough to dig a trench and lay 20mm mdpe, but i'm not sure how to get it inside the house.
Underground then up through the floor inside the sink unit would be ideal, under my sink is allready full of holes and pipes allready, only thing i'm concerned about is the hole i make for the pipe to go in under the floor from outside. how do i fill in the gaps afterwards? I have silicone sealant, but i was wondering if your supposed to use something a little more sturdy.
Any advice would be great, thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Would it not be more convenient to find where the water main enters the house below ground (externally), then tee off from this point?

the water main enters at the front of the house, the greenhouse is at the back, it would be atleast 4 times the distance and both routes would require going under concrete path.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

can't do that noseall.. can you?

aren't you supposed to have a means of isolation indoors for outside taps? so you can drain the pipework in the winter?

presume you have a wood floor and a void under it? spray foam the hole. and angle the drillbit down towards the outside ( so water can't run into the house )

do you really need all that water?
can you not have a water butt and gutters from the greenhouse roof? would be better than chlorinated tap water anyway..

if you've no room for a butt, you can get ones that are designed to be buried.. could put this under the greenhouse itself..

Sponsored Links
The cheapest way would be to connect your pipe to an external double check bib tap lay it underground deep enough not to freeze.

I guess you would only be using during the warm growing season so disconnect during the winter months.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back