Running waste pipe underground for sink in log cabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I work in my log cabin (sports massage) and while I’ve dug down for my patio and drainage, now would be the time to install a sink and run the water pipes from the house and Install a sink in log cabin.

Just a couple of questions:

1. The sink waste would come out of the log cabin… do I run a 32mm solvent weld pipe all the way to the 110mm underground pipe (for the aco drainage, and connect to that) , or do I have to connect it to a 110mm pipe as soon as possible?

2. The gold and cold feed from the house - is push fit plastic pipe okay to run underground and into cabin?

3. Is there a particular depth (below finished patio) that these need to run?

Pic below for reference

Blue / pink line is cold/hot feed from house
Green would be waste from log cabin sink

3ce90f8e-ee2c-4217-a9f1-0172ffd2bf98.jpeg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Drainage, run 110mm to the Cabin, fit a gully and drop waste into that. Presuming it'll be connected to a Combined Drainage system, otherwise it'll need to be kept separate from the Aco Drain.

I'd run just cold water, and fit a suitable water heater in the cabin, otherwise it'll take a week to get hot water through to the cabin, You'd be wasting copious amounts of water and energy otherwise. Blue MDPE needs to be used underground.

Water needs to be deep enough to give protection from frost. Drainage, deep enough to avoid damage from anything that may penetrate the surface, if under a patio, make sure pipework is suitably protected before covering.

Drainage, run 110mm to the Cabin, fit a gully and drop waste into that. Presuming it'll be connected to a Combined Drainage system, otherwise it'll need to be kept separate from the Aco Drain.

I'd run just cold water, and fit a suitable water heater in the cabin, otherwise it'll take a week to get hot water through to the cabin, You'd be wasting copious amounts of water and energy otherwise. Blue MDPE needs to be used underground.

Water needs to be deep enough to give protection from frost. Drainage, deep enough to avoid damage from anything that may penetrate the surface, if under a patio, make sure pipework is suitably protected before covering.
Thank you for your help much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back