Underneath showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am replacing a very old shower as part of a bathroom overhaul. I Will need to level the floor but currently the new shower pan has a gap beneath It as It rests on the floor by its sides with the actual base elevated. It is fibreglass. My question is do I need anything in this space to support the base? Or should It be strong enough as is? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends what your new shower tray is and how you're fitting out the cubicle (plastic enclosure, tiled walls, plastic panels, who knows).
If its a timber floor usually wise to put a sheet of 25mm ply under the tray

Tile walls, concrete floor. But as I explained the centre is off the ground only the sides touch the floor. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok. Again depends on your shower tray. The cast resin ones usually need a mortar bed to completely support them, plastic & fibreglass vary but will usually benefit from full support rather than edge only (much less movement in the tray when you step into it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back