undersized gas pipe shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are best staying there then to be fair, out of interest, in the past year, how many boilers/unvented/vented systems have you installed? if you don`t mind answering?

I mostly repair boilers as thats more technically interesting.

In a typical year I probably install about 8-10 boilers.

Tony

Sponsored Links

A year!!! do that per month.

How many full heating systems, vented /unvented?

But when I install a boiler I do it properly and calculate the gas supply pipe size first and upgrade it as required!

Its not economic for a British person to install full systems when the Polish do it so cheaply in the big cities.

Tony

Agile";p="1862146 said:
But when I install a boiler I do it properly and calculate the gas supply pipe size first and upgrade it as required!

Wow, text book answer, from a non installer, i bet you don`t fit oversize combi`s for their hot water flow rate capacities either do you? regardless of heating requirements?

Sponsored Links

Wow, text book answer, from a non installer, i bet you don`t fit oversize combi`s for their hot water flow rate capacities either do you? regardless of heating requirements?[/quote]

Wow, text book answer, from a non installer, i bet you don`t fit oversize combi`s for their hot water flow rate capacities either do you? regardless of heating requirements?[/quote][/quote]

c'ya :D

A year!!! do that per month.

How many full heating systems, vented /unvented?

8-10 boilers a month? And you still fell for the most basic problem? Who are you really, because this IS a wind up.

20M of 22mm and then into the existing carcass? You need to calculate the existing stuff a sweel as the new. But then you obviously know that, being a man of experience.

Parameters. Yes there are parameters, the meter pressuure can be between 19 & 23mb. Therfore you need to know the

The definition of a troll is "Someone who kicks another poster's ass." :mrgreen:

Working pressure at meter proves governor/regulator. working pressure at appliance proves pipe sizing,sorry i asked, place is full of comedians. :rolleyes:

simple question - did you check the pressure at the meter ?

i have a feeling the answer is no

if you didnt chek the pressure at thte meter ,then how can you tell what the drop across the pipework is??

i cant put it any simpler than that

get your tools out and go back and check the job

Why is everyone feeding the troll?

Mr. W.

was thinking that myself.

i find it sad that people have to rise to it and argue over a internet forum.

it seems it doesn't matter what forum you visit, people like to argue and bicker, because they always have to one up each other.

this will get locked soon anyway..

ok Im gonna have a guess and say, this is the return of Legion? Come on I have to be right? :D :D

I've installed loads of boilers with a drop of 4-5mbar between the meter and appliance, what wrong with that? They still worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back