undersized gas pipe shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gastastic

I have just fitted a combi 33kw in to a small semi detached home with a cooker and gas fire, piped it up in 22mm from meter as you do and found it struggled to reach the minimum workin pressure at gas valve of 18mbar so i banged in 28mm from meter to a length of about 1.5 metres and it still only just managed it! does anyone actually bother pipe sizing in small homes!!!

Sponsored Links
The trouble is you do not always get a proper pressure reading on some boiler after going through the gas cock /mesh filter and into gas valve.

What where you getting at meter/how far a run

Meter was fine,so was regulator, the run from meter to boiler was only about 15 -20 metres at the outside.

Sponsored Links
working pressure at meter only proves gas regulator, what`s your point?

Get back when you have looked it up, pipe sizing of the install has nothing to do with the working pressure at gas meter.

What do you mean only proves regulator. and why not answer what you where getting as it determines whether the 18mb you where getting at appliance was correct

What do you mean only proves regulator.

Are you a gas fitter? taking the working pressure of an appliance at the meter only proves wether the governor/regulator at meter is working, nothing to do with pipe sizing, go waste someone else`s time you pair of idiots. Anyone with gas qualifications/experience care to help out?

Are you a gas fitter? taking the working pressure of an appliance at the meter only proves wether the governor/regulator at meter is working, nothing to do with pipe sizing, go waste someone else`s time you pair of idiots. Anyone with gas qualifications/experience care to help out?

He is so agressive and abusive that I think that he is an RGI.

But he must be British Gas or ex-BG who has only just started installing boilers as he clearly has forgotten pipe sizing and does not realise a boiler taking 36 kW is going to need mostly 28mm tube at that distance.

For those who dont know ( like the OP ) you measure the pressure at the meter and at the appliance, with the appliance on maximum power output, and might get 20 mB and 16 mB. The difference is 4 mB and thats FOUR times the 1 mB allowable pressure loss!

Tony

Working pressure at meter proves governor/regulator. working pressure at appliance proves pipe sizing,sorry i asked, place is full of comedians. :rolleyes:

He is proving that he is BG or ex-BG, no body else would quote such rubbish unless he just learned it verbatim without understanding what it means!

The rest of us know that to determine the pressure drop you have to measure BOTH pressures.

I supose he blindly assumes the pressure at the meter is ALWAYS exactly 21 mB. During the every cold weather I have often found it to be 14-16 mB in much of London !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back