undersized gas pipe shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
That all you can do, son? try harder,you`re not in my league,

Thankfully not! :eek:

Ok, in answer to your question (and I'm an installer primarily), from experience you know the size required, However for a long run (I call upto 20m long) I would always take 5 mins to do the calculations.

No, you wouldn`t, because if it was a boiler change, you would probably just swap the boiler, lucky if you you checked the working pressure mate, the point that all these armchair heroes are missing because they haven`t installed f*uck all in their lives, is the fact that i am talking about replacing a gas appliance on an existing installation, so the only reason i knew that the carcass was undesized was because i checked the working pressure at the boiler and it told me that, i asked simply if anyone pipe sized when fitting a boiler, i should have asked if anyone took in to consideration the existing pipe sizes when fitting a replacement boiler, i didn`t stand a chance though did i, all the clowns piled in and totally missed the point and didn`t read in to the question i was asking,too busy to make me prove i was worthy of asking their noble advice, t*ossers.

But he does not seem to know that he has to count the number of elbows as well

It`s an existing gas carcass you halfwit!! climb down of your pedestal and read my original post!

Sponsored Links
Re read your own post you half wit its not an existing carcass

you said piped it in 22 from meter as you do.

Keep up with your own lies at least :rolleyes:

Hopefully, all you idiots banging on about pressure drops over pipes etc, have finally realised my question was: does anyone when fitting a replacement boiler, bother to check/calculate EXISTING pipe sizes or like me, do you find out after you have installed the appliance that the carcass is too small? Because i don`t price for that error, i must admit and it`s costly. That was going to be my next point. Thank you and goodnight to all.

namsag";p="1862108 said:
Re read your own post you half wit its not an existing carcass

you said piped it in 22 from meter as you do.

You are quite right actually, i failed to mention it was an existing gas carcass, but seeing as you persist, with an appliance on, what does checking the working pressure at the meter do? regardless of the gas carcass? you have 5 minutes to look it up.....

: does anyone when fitting a replacement boiler, bother to check/calculate EXISTING pipe sizes or like me, do you find out after you have installed the appliance that the carcass is too small? .

NO NEVER...

You have been caught out with your lack of experience, or laziness.

oh FFS i will humour you so you can use it in future .
You said you where getting 18mb at appliance which was being asked for , well if you where getting 19mb at meter then 18mb at appliance is totally acceptable and meets the regs regardless of pipe size or length of run .

Oh and what 33 kw combi was it

NO NEVER...

You have been caught out with your lack of experience, or laziness

By you?

I`m shakin in me boots to be honoured by someone who has 4 posts to his name, all of them on every other gas engineer`s coat tails, do one , no mark.

oh FFS i will humour you so you can use it in future .
You said you where getting 18mb at appliance which was being asked for , well if you where getting 19mb at meter then 18mb at appliance is totally acceptable and meets the regs regardless of pipe size or length of run .

Oh and what 33 kw combi was it

Wow, what a revelation!! so what! I know the incoming pressure at the gas meter will affect working pressure at boiler, i simply allow for that in calcs, i didn`t have to the working pressure at the meter was approx 20mbar and 16.5 at boiler, so????? undersized carcass?????

If I was a customer, it would greatly worry me to read that there are RGIs who never calculate the gas pipe size are you have been trained to do.

Suppose you heard surgeons chatting that they never bothered to check to see if the patient was still breathing when they finished the operation? Would that encourage you to go for a brain transplant?

However, this site covers RGI discussions by having a section called the Combustion Chamber which is only accessible and viewable by RGIs.

Tony

FFS Changing what you put with every post quick go back and edit everything.

No point me arguing with an idiot you will just drag me down to your level and beat me with experience.

However, this site covers RGI discussions by having a section called the Combustion Chamber which is only accessible and viewable by RGIs.

You are best staying there then to be fair, out of interest, in the past year, how many boilers/unvented/vented systems have you installed? if you don`t mind answering?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back