Unemployment to go through the 2 million barrier.

Should ALL immigration be put on hold?

• Yes, until the present levels start to fall.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No, let them in regardless of our own workers.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unemployment is on the way up to the 2 million barrier. Add the 2 million that are claiming incapacity for stress etc and that becomes 4 million.

Never mind eh?

Keep bringing the immigrants in so that it climbs ever higher.

Problem is - that that is the road that leads straight to recession and racial unrest.

My what big storm clouds on the horizon.

Isn't it time that all immigration was put on hold until the unemployment levels fall? Doesn't matter whether they are Poles or Aussies or Greeks or French - everybody?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/07/21/nemploy121.xml

Sponsored Links
Just hope that Thatcher dies, so that all the masses can be diverted to pouring their hate in her direction :).

Unemployment is on the way up to the 2 million barrier. Add the 2 million that are claiming incapacity for stress etc and that becomes 4 million.

Never mind eh?

Keep bringing the immigrants in so that it climbs ever higher.

Problem is - that that is the road that leads straight to recession and racial unrest.

My what big storm clouds on the horizon.

Isn't it time that all immigration was put on hold until the unemployment levels fall? Doesn't matter whether they are Poles or Aussies or Greeks or French - everybody?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/07/21/nemploy121.xml[/QUOTE]This was predicted at the time the accession states joined Europe, why are people in this country so stupid, any fool could see what the end result was going be because of this folly. Where is the money going to come from to pay dole money to millions of foreigners who have swarmed into this country, because under EU law this goverment is oblidged to pay them benefits. The sooner the UK gets out of Europe the better.

That is why I asked who is running the country in the other thread. The people don't want it - but we were never asked.

Even if we back out of Europe it's too late as those that arrived legally are entitled to stay, and as we don't record who goes in or out of the country into Europe - that means we can never stop new arrivals arriving as they would simply say they'd been over to Poland for a holiday.

We are doomed to live in a multicultural nightmare that will end up like another Bosnia.

Sponsored Links
Is Joe trying to spark off anti-immigration arguments?
I think the answer is "yes"

"Where's my black shirt?" says Joe.

John. You are quite entitled to your opinion, why do you feel that you have the right to prevent me having mine? Especially as mine represents a greater percentage of the population view than yours does.

John. You are quite entitled to your opinion, why do you feel that you have the right to prevent me having mine? Especially as mine represents a greater percentage of the population view than yours does.
Probably as you are wont to jump down people's throats when they express a difference of opinion from yours, me ol' fruit ;)

it is worth trying to discourage people who are trying to stir up distrust and hatred

"Rivers of blood" says Joe

it is worth trying to discourage people who are trying to stir up distrust and hatred

"Rivers of blood" says Joe

I'm doing nothing of the kind. We really don't need more people. If possible, we should try to discourage Aussies/Canadians/Kiwis etc because we don't need them. Nothing to do with race or culture whatsoever. Our economy is sliding into recession, that means less industry, fewer jobs, smaller workforce. we simply need less people. Immigration means more people. Is there any part of that you don't understand?

This isn't you Joe - you're not baying with the hounds, you're almost sounding....reasonable....in the way that you're putting things across. What's happened?!

hold on.
Just hold on a bit.
More people coming over here, surely means an increased population and therefore more jobs, doesn't it?

I mean, simply put, 1,000 people, 1 shop, 2,000 people, 2 shops etc..
So yeah, people come over, get jobs, but create jobs in the process, I say fair play to them.

How is it that they can find work here, but plenty of British people can't? I'll tell you why, because lots of us are lazy, or aren't prepared to do the menial or low paid jobs. Well someone has to, if a Polish chap, or someone from India is happy to empty my bin for £7 an hour or whatever, then let them do it. Despite these so called unemployment figures being banded around all the time, there are always jobs, just not the jobs the unemployed people are looking for. So if someone else (from another country is happy to do these jobs then let them, everyone benefits)

I've got a job, and it's well paid, however if I was out of work, then I'd work in McDonalds, Sainsburys, emptying bins, cleaning, whatever it took to look after my family, you wouldn't find me on the dole as long as there was one job available.

If people want to come here to work (and let's face it, they do work, and work hard) then let them. I don't have an issue with it.

There sure are a lot of lazy workshy Brits around, and I fancy that it's generally these people who have the problem. Cake and Eat it anyone?

-Dan

the idea that "fewer people means more prosperity" is not true.

Consider the densely populated Singapore or the densely-populated (flat parts of) Switzerland.

Consider if you were in the toothbrush-manufacturing industry. You have 10 million potential customers. 10% of then are Welsh. 10% of your workforce are Welsh. 10% of your suppliers' workforces are Welsh. 10% of the shop workers are Welsh.

the non-Welsh delivery drivers complain that the Welsh are taking their jobs, and everyone (else) would be more prosperous if the Welsh problem had a Final Solution*

All the Welsh people cease to exist.

The workforce has decreased by 10%.
The customers have decreased by 10%
The demand for toothbrushes has decreased by 10%

What do you suppose has happened to the number of toothbrush-makers, delivery drivers, shopworkers required? What do you suppose has happened to Turnover and profits in the Toothbrush industry? What do you suppose has happened to unemployment and prosperity?

*this argument has been frequently employed in a number of places. Replace "Welsh" with any other identifiable group of your choice.

Sponsored Links
Back