Unemployment to go through the 2 million barrier.

Should ALL immigration be put on hold?

• Yes, until the present levels start to fall.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No, let them in regardless of our own workers.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our economy is sliding into recession, that means less industry, fewer jobs, smaller workforce

Immigration means more people, bigger workforce, more industry.

Is there any part of that YOU don't understand? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The key bit everyone is passing by in the poll is ...

Joe-90:
No, let them in regardless of our own workers

This is the crux with people like Joe ... If you weren't born here you have no right to live here.

The fact is that immigration brings diversity to the population and that is a good thing.

If our workers can't compete ... Then learn how to or start begging.

Another Joe classic:
John. You are quite entitled to your opinion, why do you feel that you have the right to prevent me having mine? Especially as mine represents a greater percentage of the population view than yours does.
In Joe's mind certainly, factually not known certainly not proven.

Try some facts Joe ... Just for a change.

MW

Our economy is sliding into recession, that means less industry, fewer jobs, smaller workforce

Immigration means more people, bigger workforce, more industry.

Is there any part of that YOU don't understand? :rolleyes:

Yes. Take a look the latest unemployment figures and the future according to business leaders. When you've done that come back and apologise.

The key bit everyone is passing by in the poll is ...

Joe-90:
No, let them in regardless of our own workers

This is the crux with people like Joe ... If you weren't born here you have no right to live here.

The fact is that immigration brings diversity to the population and that is a good thing.

If our workers can't compete ... Then learn how to or start begging.

Another Joe classic:
John. You are quite entitled to your opinion, why do you feel that you have the right to prevent me having mine? Especially as mine represents a greater percentage of the population view than yours does.
In Joe's mind certainly, factually not known certainly not proven.

Try some facts Joe ... Just for a change.

MW

So you want open borders then Mega? Anyone from anywhere can come along and squat on your land. Don''t be silly.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Take a look the latest unemployment figures
you appear to have made a leap in your own mind that a larger population means the economy gets worse.

However this is just an assumption, you have not demonstrated a case for this belief of yours.

Take us through the logical foundadtion (if any) for your opinion.

Yes. Take a look the latest unemployment figures
you appear to have made a leap in your own mind that a larger population means the economy gets worse.

However this is just an assumption, you have not demonstrated a case for this belief of yours.

Take us through the logical foundadtion (if any) for your opinion.

In exactly what way has immigration helped you? How much extra money is in your pocket? Even the Lords agree that immigration helps the immigrant and no-one else.

The number of jobs available is falling. Unemployment is rising. Tell me John - why do you think we need more people? What are they going to do?
Oh and answer my questions in the other thread.

hold on.
Just hold on a bit.

I've got a job, and it's well paid, however if I was out of work, then I'd work in McDonalds, Sainsburys, emptying bins, cleaning, whatever it took to look after my family, you wouldn't find me on the dole as long as there was one job available.

Ok we're holding on. Let's take that idea of your then Dan and run with it.

I don't know what it is that you do that earns you such a good living but that matters not. Let's assume that immigrants arrive with whatever qualifications you have and they do so in such large numbers that they are willing to work for the minimum wage. Are you saying that you would have no complaints whatsoever about your wage dropping down to the minimum wage in order to compete? Are you happy to work for the minimum wage?
If the answer is no - then you are a hypocrite. Waddya rekon cobber?

The world doesn't owe any of us a living.
If a load of people turned up here and started doing what I do, as well as I do, for the minimum wage, then it doesn't say much for my profession.

Why do people pay more for (say) Linn hi-fi, that (say) Goodmans, because of the quality, that's why.. If I, or indeed any of us are being pushed out of the market by newcomers to this country, then you have to ask yourself why..

I'll tell you why, because they have a desire to work, and are worth their money. Sadly, lots of people here aren't.

I know plenty of (say) builders, who don't actively look for work, they just get it through recommendations, no board outside when they work, no ad in the yellow pages, just recommendations. If you have a trade/skill/qualification/whatever then people will pay you for what you can do for them, the amount they will pay is a product of both how well you do it, and how many others can also do it.

Simple as that I'm afraid. Survival of the fittest if you will. As I say, the world doesn't owe any of us a living...

The world doesn't owe any of us a living.
If a load of people turned up here and started doing what I do, as well as I do, for the minimum wage, then it doesn't say much for my profession.

Why do people pay more for (say) Linn hi-fi, that (say) Goodmans, because of the quality, that's why.. If I, or indeed any of us are being pushed out of the market by newcomers to this country, then you have to ask yourself why..

I'll tell you why, because they have a desire to work, and are worth their money. Sadly, lots of people here aren't.

I know plenty of (say) builders, who don't actively look for work, they just get it through recommendations, no board outside when they work, no ad in the yellow pages, just recommendations. If you have a trade/skill/qualification/whatever then people will pay you for what you can do for them, the amount they will pay is a product of both how well you do it, and how many others can also do it.

Simple as that I'm afraid. Survival of the fittest if you will. As I say, the world doesn't owe any of us a living...

Are you happy to work for the minimum wage? Yes or no. No waffle please.

You are 100% correct but joe won't ever agree with you because he can't compete and in the survival gene pool ... He's down with the single cell pond life.

Oh how sad it must be to fear the competition from Roma gypsies.

MW

Nice try ... No cigar.

Joe's racist posts deleted by the mods ... Dozens
Mega's racist posts deleted by the mods ... Errrm ... ZERO

:cool:

Megawatt made a true racist comment;

"Oh how sad it must be to fear the competition from Roma gypsies.

MW"

I guess you must think their race inferior to make such a disparaging attack?

Is that really the best you can do :rolleyes:

Not at all, as anyone with more than the single brain cell occupying your head will realise.

The point I was making is quite obvious and says more about your inadequacies than the capabilities of this persecuted group of people.

MW

The point you were making is quite clear. You see the Roma as an underclass that is less worthy than others - hence your extremely offensive racist remark.

Sponsored Links
Back