Uneven finish while covering dark colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently trying to cover some dark coloured walls with white matt emulsion prior to a change of colour.

I've now down three coats on one section and the finish isn't exactly great. Under day light the finish seems fine but in the evening the finish appears really patchy from certain angles.

It seems that the patchy bits have a little more texture than the none patchy bits.

Any ideas on the cause and a possible remedy? I'm guessing it's going to be more coats but just want to make sure.

Sponsored Links
I think the "patchy bits" with more texture, are due to the way you applied the emulsion,,,, un-evenly,,, thicker here, than there,,, if you know what I mean. The thicker areas of paint have created the "orange peel" effect. You could try lightly sanding the patchy areas, and then apply the paint more evenly, over the whole wall... I'm assuming you used a roller.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back