Uneven floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys could anybody advise on a suitable leveling compound for my uneven floor.Half of the floor is original floorboard and the other half is a green treated t&g sheet material,i believe its called caberfloor.Where the two meet the caberfloor runs off at slope,im guessing the original floorboards are a thicker finish than the Caber.
Im wanting to level the caber side up with the floorboards prior to laying ply in preparation for my parquet. Any advice much appreciated,thanks in advance.[/i]

Sponsored Links
How big a difference is the levelling required, and what flooring are you planning on fitting on top?

Hi,the gradual run off is about 10mm,im planning to lay ply and then parquet flooring on top of that.Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert but I would imagine you will possibly need to look at raising the lower areas of the caberfloor, that's too big a difference to successfully microcoat an area.

I'm sure someone else on here will be able to lend more experience. With a parquet floor, that subfloor is goint to need to be spot-on to stop the ply and parquet flexing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back