Uneven paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me. I have just painted new wall paper with 2 coats of vinyl silk white emulsion and it looks terrible. It is all patchy. What have i done wrong. Have i used the wrong paint and if so what finish should i have used and can i paint over it. I used a brush as i do not feel comfortable using a roller. Sorry about all the questions but i am so upset with the finish.

Sponsored Links
You should have used matt with a roller. Nothing to lose by doing that now.

What kind of paper? Blown vinyl ? There is a paper b&Q (greame brown) do that comes out uneven when painted.. A random pattern, but found it was necessary to reverse hang each lenght, even then with a coat of matt emulsion it was patchy... Customer who had bought the paper from b&q told me to carry on. But I wasnt happy with it ... Even with 3 coats of matt.
Try a matt like joe says.. but not the Rich matt as that has a slight sheen.

Good luck

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for replies. Yes it is a blown vinyl which does state on the wrapping paintable. Will go down and buy matt.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back