Uneven path water pooling to house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I moved recently and have found that the water is pooling along my house wall on the narrow concrete path between my house and next door. Can I just use ready made cement on top to make a slope away as there is gravel the other side?

Sponsored Links
If it's well below the dpc (150mm+) I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you are getting/registering damp on the inside.
A gap between wall and path filled with acco drain or shingle would be best solution.
A slope to nothing using sand & cement would likely break up and make a mess.
Post photos for further assistance.

Thanks will post picture tomorrow it has not come through but outside wall is very mossy.

Picture of wall with moss and path. The water normally pools alongside wall image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
1. Thats not acceptable. Even with a DPC and a cavity (cavity debris could be bridging the DPC?).

2. Do you have cavity insulation - original or retro?

3. Originally there was a channel gap along the wall/path but its been concreted in. What did the mortgage surveyor have to say about this obvious fault?

4. You could cut a new channel/French drain or completely re-do the pathway.

5. The manhole cover and frame seem well exposed? There seems to be a kerb or something odd at the pipe entry along the wall? Why not post pics of these items?

Last edited:
Picture of wall with moss and path. The water normally pools alongside wallView attachment 87816

Can you supply a few more photos around the area?
Personally, I'd be grinding out a channel and fitting acco drain... You have a drain to run it into by the looks of the photo...

Here's how it looks when done...
image.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back