Uneven Sub floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Having an extension done and floating floor has just gone down on concrete sub floor. There's a small area where the flooring is quite bouncy.

Now I appreciate that with a floating floor this is to be expected to an extent. But given the builders have just laid the concrete sub floor should I not expect the floor to be perfectly smooth?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
This is the way I see this going!
I digress, the screed should be flat not necessarily level, but flat across its breadth.
Your not happy, your the paying customer, if you let it go, it will annoy you forever more. How much would you say it dips by?
Is the floor:- laminate, engineered, solid, can it be lifted easily?

Sponsored Links
Who laid the wood floor ?
Down to them to check levels and if needed use a smoothing compound to fix them
Was it a Floorlayer ?

It is engineered wood, and I reckon it flexes by 5mm at the most. The new concrete floor shares a border with an existing concrete floor and existing floorboards on the other side.

It is around these 'transitions' between old and new where the bouncy spot is. The more I walk on it the less it's starting to bother me but I just want to get an idea of how reasonable this is.

Is this a poor job or is it within the realms of acceptability?

Thanks for your help

Who laid the wood floor ?
Down to them to check levels and if needed use a smoothing compound to fix them
Was it a Floorlayer ?

Builder who laid concrete is laying the floor. As a favour I might ad so awkward complaining which is why I'm checking.

Thanks

See what you mean.
Ask him has he laid many floors?
For me most builders can do everything but to what standard ?

When was the concrete laid? when was the screed laid? were any liquid DPM compounds applied above the concrete before the screed?

5mm flex is WAY too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back