Uneven tile should I replace or leave?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help!

I am new to tiling so I decided to have a go at my bathroom. It seems to have gone ok but I am unhappy with a couple of bits. There is one tile that's sits slightly below the rest (lip) so the grout line is slightly hidden. Should I worry about this and replace? Or should I just leave it!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
One of 2 things,
1 it will nag at you forever & you will have wished you dealt with it
2 you will forget about it once the job is done.
Will other people notice it?

I remember laying in the bath & always looking at a crappy bit of work under the wash basin, I could only see it when LAYING in the bath.

Thanks for you comments!

These are big porcelain tiles would it be a nightmare to remove? Thinking about drilling a couple of holes in centre and chiseling outwards. But yes it is bugging me but everyone else says it's ok just leave it!!

Sponsored Links
Worth considering that you could make it look 10 times worse by hacking the offending tile off to reposition it. Not an easy job removing just one tile, especially as the basin is in the way too.

Thank you everyone for your comments much appreciated.

Removing the sink will be ok I can shut off the taps from the pipe then unscrew waste and screws from wall and move everything. The problem tile is one up from the floor under the tile which is supporting the sink. So I will not need to re drill the tile!

I do see your point about causing more of a problem removing it which is what I am afraid of!

So I suppose what I am asking everyone, does it look a bodge? If it was you, would you leave it? Or have a go removing it!!

Thanks again!

You have hit the nightmare DIY scenario, no one else will notice, but you know it's there!! We've all been there, choice is entirely yours.

Thanks everyone again for your views (and job offer! Lol) I will take all your advice and leave it ;) if it bugs me again in the future I will take another look at this topic and the nice posts just to remind myself!!

Cheers! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back