Unidentified part on amptec electric heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an amptec electric heating/combi system in my flat and am trying to understand the setup so that I can diagnose a few of the problems. I am an electronic engineer and not a plumber/boiler engineer thus I am struggling slightly :)

I am trying to work out what 1 particular component is, it is fairly small, encased in plastic, connected inline to the pipework that is the cold feed that goes into the amptec heating enclosure. The pump is located just before it. It has 2 wires going into it, 1 that comes from the control board in the circuit breaker box, the other is a tiny wire that goes to the high power amptec switch board containing the tranny that turns the element on. I was guessing that it was a thermistor of some sort? with the smaller wire giving the reading??

Any help on what it is and what the wires provide will be gratefully received! :)

Cheers,
Andy

Sponsored Links
I'll try to post a picture tonight if I can get my phone/camera working properly. :)

Oh btw, it's made by "Crydom"

Sponsored Links
Correct they do, infact they seem to make nothing but solid state relays, I've still got no idea what it is though :confused:

Could this be a flow switch to stop the heater element coming on if the pump is not circulating or the system is empty :confused:

That sounds plausible, whatever it is, it is only connected when the boiler control board switches on the pump (piggy backed onto that relay). At last here is the picture:

unknown.jpg

Assuming anyone can identify it from the picture, does anyone know what the 2 leads coming from it do? (one is a live mains wire).

Many thanks,
Andy

looks like a flow switch to me, the two wires will send a message to the PCB saying the water is flowing through it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back