Universal Beam in Ceiling Joist

My mates rate was £170 for 8am till 6pm, so £200 per day may be a tad optimistic, but then labour cost has lots of variables too!

As I see it, it's more than just 1 beam going in, or I may not have paid that much attention to your photos.

You've got to a figure of about £15k there with your estimate, as I said, I think your labour cost is a bit on the low side, esp as you are sourcing materials, which is usually a source of extra margin for a builder as they get trade rates.

£15-20k. To the nearest £1k is pretty much impossible without being there and seeing the job.

Sponsored Links
You'll be much better off getting several local builders to quote for the whole package. If there is a particular make/model/size of bifold door, lantern or anything that you want then specify it in the invitation to tender (which sounds grand but can be a very simple document specifying what you want the builder to do).
Your route of day rates for builders (where are you going to get them from? Job Centre?) could easily lead to you having to be the foreman or charge hand. And as an employer you might have to supply more tools and equipment than you'd bargained for, as well as being on the hook for wages if something arrives late or wrong.(Skips for instance- a builder who spends £10k a year on them will get much better rates and a more responsive service than a blow-in).
Also in your ITT, don't get prescriptive with HOW the job should be done- you're employing a builder to manage that part. You should be clear about what you want to achieve (example your 8" beam that you want as near flush as possible).

Sponsored Links
As a side note if anyone in Lancashire would like to quote for this job please let me know.

The work would need to be done July/August. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back