Universal Timers...how universal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ariston microCombi 23/27 with a timer part no 999599.

I need to replace this as it no longer works correctly however, I would rather buy a digital one as more options and cheaper than Aristons own direct replacement.

How universal are universal timers? I have been looking at some and they generally mention makes other than my own so it seems that they are not actually universal but hopefully a friendly plumber or someone experienced could advise and suggest a part?

Many thanks

Natalie

Sponsored Links
Simply install a programmable wall thermostat. You can then set your old internal time to continuous.

Sorted.

Hi,

I shall read about the first response in a mo.

The universal timer is the name given to a lot of replacement clock/timer units, presumably it's intended to be universal in its fitting but this is my question.

My timer at present slows or sticks at times so I have to manually move it on to resume its scheduling, otherwise it's unreliable and cold in the mornings as typically 5am is one of the sticky times!

Sponsored Links
Never heard of a universal timer :confused:

Anyway - as DC said - get a programmable room stat.

Honeywell CM927 or 907 would be the best. Have you a thermostat already? If yes you need the 907.

If not you need a 927.

Very many thanks guys, I wasn't expecting to get so many useful answers so quickly.

I don't have a thermostat at the mo but would be nice seeing as I have to mess about learning something new anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back