Expanding Universe

neverending said:
:) hello
all of the preceding theory is totally depending on an X factor?
X = does the universe exist?
X=we may be part of a program?
peaceful journey"s :LOL:

You are of course, 100% correct. But if we didn't make some assumptions then we would never get anywhere with this conundrum!

Those assumptions start with "The Universe exists, as do we. It isn't all a figment of Adam's imagination" ;)

Sponsored Links
Just so long as she is human and was born a woman, I'll be happy!

I'm not falling for that one again...

Sponsored Links
:D with the BIG BANG comes the inevitable big COLLAPSE :confused:
that in turn leads 2 2 2 2 YES ANOTHER biggggggggg BANG
so what stage of the bang do YOU appear to have come from?
a pencil without a point is pointless ;)

I think the gist of that program was that alhough we see things as random there is a very very finite control of everything that goes on and therefore what we percieve as random or not equal does in fact work out equal perhaps not straight away in a calculation but over the expanse of knowledge we still don't fathom as of yet, An easy argument to make sure calculation work out in the end but maybe that's what happens otherwise the very fabric of existence may be brought into question ie you live in a physical universe or you live in a simulation, which is anyone's guess but nonetheless if we are to believe all science that has gone before then we must entertain the outrageous theories thrown about now and thrive to answer whether they are true or not.

mildmanneredjanitor said:
:idea: I wonder what the statistics for Adams future wife to be called Eve are? :D

Most women cost an arm and a leg... Eve only cost a rib ;)

MMJ said:
I wonder what the statistics for Adams future wife to be called Eve are?
One of my wifes best fiends at school was called Mary. She now lives in Spain with her husband Jesus. (apparently pronounce Hezuse). So every year we exchange christmas cards with Jesus and Mary.

I wonder what Joseph has to say about this? :eek:

The Spanish practice of naming children "Jesus" always puzzled me. Can't imagine it happening in the UK, people would think you were either a nutter, or sacriligious.

S'pose "Mohamed" is a traditional islamic name, but I dunno, "Good morning Jesus, sleep well? Would you like a lift Jesus? Where are you going for your holidays, Jesus?"... nope, just not right!

On a family holiday to France in the late 1980s I heard several French kids called "Rocky" by their parents. The poor kids. No parent should name their child after a film character, especially if it will possibly end up with an older kid punching them and saying "I thought you were a boxer, Rocky, why don't you hit me back Rocky?" :LOL:

Although at least Rocky has potential to be a cool name, once you hit 18 or so. No-one called Jesus will ever have a full and happy life. Parents, just don't.

After Elton John released the love song, a lot of people (my brother among them) named their daughters Nikita, not realising that Elton was actually singing about a bloke :eek:

That's cos there was a fit bird in a fur coat in the vid.

Long time no hear, Tex, have we missed each other or have you been
away?

TexMex said:
MMJ said:
I wonder what the statistics for Adams future wife to be called Eve are?
One of my wifes best fiends at school was called Mary. She now lives in Spain with her husband Jesus. (apparently pronounce Hezuse). So every year we exchange christmas cards with Jesus and Mary.

I had a best fiend once........ :LOL:

AdamW said:
The Spanish practice of naming children "Jesus" always puzzled me. Can't imagine it happening in the UK, people would think you were either a nutter, or sacriligious.
Would you want them running up to you every time you swore? ;)

1:
Is it possible that one mans big bang is another mans black hole?

2:
Why does light travel at the speed it does. What stops it from being infinite?

3:
Could the speed of light actually be zero and that it is the expansion of the universe at possibly a speed of 186000 miles per second that creates light at all.

4:
And what about those two atomic clocks. Put one in a plane and fly it around for a bit and now they are different. So the interesting thing is not the clock in the plane, it's the one left behind. What governs its tick rate? If the tick rate of an atomic clock is proportional to speed, is this another measure of the expansion rate of the universe. Or maybe the speed of our galaxy relative to some unknown reference point. Does time itself exist only while the universe is expanding?

Time for some more biscuits before they disappear.

It's too early in the year to be thinking about such matters!

Now where's those jaffa cakes?

AdamW said:
It's too early in the year to be thinking about such matters!

Now where's those jaffa cakes?
Well, I didn't have any jaffa cakes, but the bloody dog has just eaten all my bloomin' M&S luxury belguin choccy biccies... :evil:

Think I might have to have some rum & raisin ice cream to cheer me up... :D

Sponsored Links
Back